Thursday 7 May 2020

Sharing a snapshot of this week's Distance Learning in LS2...

Today I want to share some of the amazing distance learning work my students have been doing this week to keep their learning going. Last week I started to include a sharing time during our Google Meets to celebrate hard work. I didn't only choose the 'best' work, I chose work that showed me a huge effort had been put into the task. What I didn't expect was daily emails from my learners asking if they could share work they felt they had done well. The next step was easy... we extended the sharing time each day. 

Student engagement in distance learning in LS2 has been huge. We meet each morning to set ourselves up for success and have a catch up. I have learnt over the weeks what type of work gets buy-in and what doesn't. To keep the motivation going this I asked my learners what type of learning tasks did they wanted me to set. Apparently 'Reading' and 'Writing' is not 'fun' at home so I very quickly adapted my thinking and disguised both of these curriculum areas within the very popular request of 'Research'. A direct result of that has been that I have been kept very busy giving feedback and feed forward. The rich conversations in the comments tool in g-suite paint a very clear picture of the learning journey we have all been on as we try hard to keep our learning going.

All the work shared below is being shared with permission from my awesome class:






Fau's blog              Liletina's blog

    Florence's blog        Victoria's blog


Matthew's blog.     Ong's blog.      



Kahoot challenges linked to our learning


No comments:

Post a Comment