Wednesday 24 May 2017

What my inquiry looks like in LS2...

I was asked to share and model my inquiry process by creating a DLO that shows what my spiral of inquiry looks like in practise. This will be shared next week as a scaffold to help our teacher strengthen their own connections to the inquiry process. This was a great opportunity for me to see exactly what my inquiry looked like through other's eyes and reflect.

Positives
  • Routines established
  • Repetition without boring
  • Transparent learning
  • Multimodal learning opportunities
  • Actively listen to learner feedback
  • Observations of good practise across PBS (LS2, Room 3, LS1 done)
Negatives

  • Talk doesn’t flow as readily as I hoped
  • Most able not engaging
  • Gender/cultural shyness?


What are my next steps?

  • Week 5 observation with COL across school teacher (Matt).
  • Exploring published research
  • Accessing literacy facilitator
  • Continue to actively plan for dialogic learning opportunities
  • Observations of good practise across PBS (Room 1 and Room 5 booked for Week 6)






No comments:

Post a Comment