Tuesday 13 March 2018

Collegial Observations... 2018

Last week +Karen Ferguson and I were talking about ways we could help our learners access and connect to the content language they need to be able to find success in their learning. Today Karen came to observe a literacy lesson in my class. The link to Karen's blogpost is here. 

I am currently exploring new ways I can help my learners see, hear and use the content vocabulary they need to strengthen their connections to the learning, so it was great to see what my lesson looked like through another person's eyes. I look forward to seeing how her takeaways from today are applied with older students and plan to reciprocate the visit to see this in action. On my part sharing the thinking behind the strategies I used was very powerful as it encouraged me to reflect on my practise at a deeper level. Thank you Karen.



Image courtesy of +Karen Ferguson 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Robyn!!...
    You students were great and you are always very generous in sharing the thoughts and planning behind your lessons. I always come away with LOADS of ideas.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete