Friday 7 June 2019

Digital Fluency Intensive... Day # 2


The infographic above reflects the takeaways from todays session that I have taken from our session today. The shortcuts for calendar are a great way to flip between views (weekly, daily, monthly). Google Keep has so many amazing features! I used this tool often for note taking and thought I was making use of all the features available. I now realise I was not! To be able to upload an image with text and then have the ability to grab the text is something I will definitely use in the classroom as there are so many possibilities to this feature. Angela Moala shared an idea with me of using Google Keep when I am commenting on my student's work. So often we find we are writing the same feedback so being able to have this bank of often used comments that can be copied and pasted is something I will access often.

I found the workflow session linked to organising our gmail and tabs incredibly valuable. I no longer have an overflow of comments sitting in my inbox. These are now all archived or sitting under the appropriate labels with filters in place.

We had an introduction to Google Hangouts and explored possibilities of how we can use this tool outside of what we already do with toolkits. Here is the screen recording of my hangout session with Angela and Sarah. Thank you Sarah for capturing this.

Here is the link to my notes from our learning today.

No comments:

Post a Comment