Friday 14 June 2019

Digital Fluency Intensive... Day # 3


DFI Session# 3 had a media focus. My animation reflects the content we explored today to will help us help our tamariki become ‘creators of content not merely consumers’. We need to make sure our learners are safe in an online environment, something that is no different to the way we make sure our learners are safe in an EOTC environment. As teachers in a 1:1 environment we can do this by ensuring the settings in YouTube and Blogger are in place.

‘Creativity is not about doing something better than others, it's about thinking, discovering, exploring and imagining’, Kohl (2008). Joining us in our session today were three of my skilled creators Jack, Alex and Nyjah who confidently shared with their amazing digital drawing skills. They began with a 'how to' presentation that they had created then took us step by step through creating an animation in Google Slides and creating a drawing using the line tools in Google Draw. This part of my reflection is unashamedly a boast post!












My takeaways from today are:

  • To make time to make sure the safety settings on blogger and YouTube are in place so that my learners can operate safely in an online environment.
  • To share the online safety reminders with our PBS staff.
  • To think about the opportunities my learners have to create.
  • To share the possibilities of introducing of rewindable learning that our drone can offer sport training. Thank you Kent for this tip.
  • To share the possibilities that our drone can offer for live streaming and delayed coverage so we can strengthen whanau connections.
  • To use the Google Slides to create my own pick a path style maths challenges to help strengthen my learners number knowledge and vocabulary connections.
  • To use the Google Slides to encourage my learners to create pick a path DLOs that reflect their understandings and connections to the learning.
  • To strengthen my own digital drawing skills by completing my own digital portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment